Tuesday 21 June 2011

I don't care much for politics and indeed politicians.

I do think the idea of spending £20 billion on the Olympics when 3.5 million people don't eat a square meal here in the UK every day is absurd, I also feel that Messrs Blair and Brown have not only ruined our economy but have sent boys to their deaths unnecessarily ("old men sending young men to die") ... NOT in my name ... 

Anyway, occasionally you come across a true hero and in my eyes, Brian Haw, who sadly passed away over the weekend was one.

In June 2001, he started to camp outside the House of Commons ... trying to prick the conscience of the fools inside. He was a nuisance and irritant to successive Prime Ministers and Mayors of London ... but (& maybe be because) he stood for "passive action".

I met him a few times when I used to walk to work with Moo. He was always polite and he always gave Moo a scruff ...

Gone but not forgotten.
To me (& Moo) - a hero.
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv