Tuesday 14 June 2011

The Antigua episode ... is done & dusted ... and it's been an awesome day!

Up early and checked out of Hermitage Bay ... and we drove swiftly to the Antigua Yacht Club in Falmouth Harbour.

Here I met up with Captain Nickey Emmanuel - from ondeck ocean racing - who took me on a yacht trip onto the Atlantic Ocean. This was a "racing yacht" and I did learn to tack & jibe (or is it jive?) ... and steer! What fun! I never thought I would enjoy sailing BUT I did ... hmmm ... a new hobby perhaps?

To the Big Banana for lunch - pizza (yum)!

Finally we arrived at the airport! Don't get me wrong - I don't mind queuing for hours - being frisked at least three times - being scanned in a humiliating way and having to undress & dress in front of strangers BUT I much prefer not to!

Here at the airport, if you fly BA, you can use The Outbound Lounge. Basically a maximum of 15 people can use this facility (which is the private jet "terminal") - you can turn up, sit and have a drink & some food, order Duty Free from reception, use security & immigration where the queue is non-existent and the staff smile ... and you are finally whisked to your aircraft by private minibus ...

My flight leaves in a couple of hours and in the morning, I will be back in the UK! Whoo-hoo ...

Actually ... I think I spoke too soon. The aircraft has just "gone tech" and we may be stranded for another 24 or 48 hours! Ugh! I suddenly am not very happy ...

 Capt. Sharma of the (SL) Mystery (Sweet Little)
 With Rear-Admiral Nickey Emmanuel
 Mirabella V - cost $50 million to build and is the largest single-mast yacht ever built!
With "the lady from the Ministry" - Cherrie Osborne - without her, this shoot would have been a total & utter disaster!
 With our driver & friend Keron Francis
Our flight lands ...
The Outbound Lounge
The lovely Stephanie Mack - Marketing & PR for the Lounge
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv