Wednesday 8 June 2011

Filming day on Jumby Bay.

I first visited this island over a decade ago (Long Island) and stayed at the Jumby Bay resort. I fell in love with this place - that sits 2 kms off the coast of the mainland.

The resort - which features 40 suites - is owned by the homeowners (rich people that have homes here) - 26 of which are brand new. The resort is now run by Rosewood Hotels & Resorts ... which has an excellent pedigree.

I am staying in the Rosewood Estate Suite ... 1-bed ... 170 m2 in area ... swimming pool ... 4-poster bed ... stunning ...

The resort has 3 restaurants, spa, fitness centre, water sports, 30 + swimming pools (!) ... fabulous beaches ... and it's all-inclusive albeit very expensive ... but amazing quality! Much money has been spent on making this one of the premier resorts in the Caribbean.

Today, the sun came out to play! Yay!

every suite has an outdoor bath tub! bathing under the stars ... hmmmm!
You can only get to Jumby by boat ...
The General Manager & very nice chap - Andrew Hedley
My pool
My bed
Chef Juan Bochenski who showed me how to cook a local Red Snapper dish
the lovely beach!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv