Thursday 24 March 2011

It's time to say "thank you & goodbye" to Wolfsburg, the Ritz-Carlton and Autostadt.

The Diary is rather early today as I am flying back to London and not sure when I will have time to write it ...

Up early and in the pool. It was freeezing outside but warm inside the pool ... it was a wonderful way to start the day ... himmel.

From there it was over the canal and railway to "Phaeno" ... a hands-on science & technology park set within a sculpture. The architect Zaha Hadid designed this amazing "space-age, Titanic, airship, train station" building ... and within it sits 350 "experiments" that are simply amazing! Mirrors, smoke machines, strobe art experiments, magnets ... you name it, it was there .. along with 3000000 kids clamouring to play with them. This is undoubtedly the most amazing "science" installation I have ever been to ...

Lunch was in Autostadt with Lino Santacruz - the Head of International PR at "Car City". The food was Japanese and tasty! From there he took me to the test-drive centre where Paulo Duarte taught me how to drive an assault course using a VW Touraeg. Crazy, incredible, exhilarating ... I think I may have scratched his 4 x 4 though! Oops!

OK - VERY sadly, time to go ... more tomorrow and this weekend about Wolfsburg! I have so many photos and experiences to share ...
30 degrees banking ... whoooaaaaahhh!
Phaeno .. what does it look like?
Plasma ball ...
Paulo and Lino
Ahhh ...
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv