Friday 12 November 2010



off we went!

"It's always sad to wave farewell to a property and I genuinely was when bidding adieu to Desert Island this morning. As I mentioned yesterday, without exception, the staff were brilliant!" - Varun

champagne and blackberry!


"The property is managed by Anantara and if the staff is as lovely as the other place ... this just maybe THE best property in the UAE ... if not Middle East." - Varun

"It's been another long and weary day. The heat was almost unbearable and I am sure that I sweated at least my body weight ... well, it felt like that." - Varun


"I have a 3-bedroom villa here ... for just me ... with a private pool ... for just me ... There is something quiet lovely going for a dip at all times of day (even 3 am) by yourself ... and the air is hotter than the water!" - Varun

"general manager - the lovely Didier Tourneboeuf" - Varun

"i have just hit James ... and Tim is running for it ...!" - Varun



We also visited the Yas Hotel on our stay in Abu Dhabi.

"The Yas is a total lifestyle experience ... it's one of those hotels you have to visit before you die ... I am not saying it's the most amazing place on Earth BUT it certainly is set to become an icon." - Varun


"I was met by Peter Rae from the Yas Circuit and after interviewing him, I was instructed by Tony Whittaker in a stunning Aston Martin Vantage .. top speed 280 mph ... I now want one.

I was allowed to drive the F1 circuit ... the longest straight (there are 21 bends) is 1.2 kms ... and I zoooooooooooomed like I have never zoomed before! I was FABULOUS ... well, apparently, I was ok ... but the experience was FABULOUS!" - Varun


So - Abu Dhabi. It was hot. I thoroughly LOVED Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara ... the finest property in the UAE, hands down. The staff, the accommodation, the facilities, the amenities, all perfect. The Desert Islands Resort & Spa by Anantara was okay ... the staff were amazing, the cuisine superb ... but I felt like something was not quite right ... hmmmm ...





 
blogger template powered by fraktiv