Tuesday 9 November 2010

Greetings from Chewton Glen ... a 58-bedroom luxury country house hotel set in 130 acres of Hampshire (England) countryside.

We have just TWO days of filming left for this, the 2010 series.

I first visited here around 8 years ago when my dear friend Peter Crome (now at The Carnegie Club in Scotland) was the General Manager. I have been back a couple of times and now I am here filming!

So the weather behaved appallingly for most of the day. Sheets & buckets of rain thundered from the sky soaking everything in its wake. I arrived here at midday ... very damp. Met with the lovely PR Angela Day and the boys are we first filmed my suite - the biggest and BEST in the hotel.

In this episode, I look back at my favourite features of the year ... ah, so many memories ...

Anyway, next stop, the 9-hole golf course. The rain stopped ... and the sky turned bluish! The strangest thing then happened ... I picked up a left-handed putter and aced hole after hole. Hmmmm ...

CG offers shooting, golf, croquet, tennis ... archery ... phew!

From there, the Spa! It offers indoor and outdoor swimming pools, saunas, hydrotherapy rooms, jacuzzis, fitness and dance studio and 10 treatment rooms. I had a fabulous massage ... with therapist Ashley. If you ever visit CG, head to the Spa and ask for Ashley, you will NOT be disappointed!

More tomorrow ...

Ah - Leica ... http://blog.leica-camera.com/ - the answer from yesterday's Leica blog is ******!







me ... and the village *****
straight at the camera!
ready for a left handed putt?
CHEWTON GLEN ... in sunshine!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv