Monday 1 November 2010

Varun is taking a break from his Daily Diary for a few days and has entrusted this responsibility to Tim & James

Filming of the 2010 series of
Inside Luxury Travel is near completion. During 2010 Varun and the Inside Luxury Travel film crew travelled to Melbourne, Hawaii, KwaZulu-Natal, Quebec, Istanbul, Prague, Edinburgh, Abu Dhabi, Mexico, French Polynesia, Barcelona and Tasmania.

We are pleased to announce the filming locations for 2011 - Malaysia, Antigua, Napa Valley, Sydney, Big Sur, Wales, Geneva, Sweden, Botswana, Egypt, New Delhi and Mumbai.

Over the next few weeks there will be a series of Look Back Diary entries. Our seventh filming location was
Edinburgh.

The two properties that we filmed in Edinburgh were
The Carnegie Club at Skibo Castle. (http://www.carnegieclub.co.uk/
) and The Glasshouse Hotel (www.glasshouse-hotel.co.uk)

"Colin Montgomerie who gave me a huge tip on my golf swing last year - stop looking at the girls and look at the ball! It has helped my game no end! Ha!" - Varun

AC the resident gorgeous pup at The Carnegie Club at Skibo Castle.
"Dalmore was founded in 1839 by the Matheson family. It was bought by the Mackenzie clan in 1886 and now is part of the UB drinks giant. I met with Ian Mackay - the distillery manager - who expertly took me round Dalmore - explaining the process. I was in HEAVEN but we had to drive back to Dornoch to taste two whiskies ... the King Alexander III and the 40 year old (£1250 a bottle) ... I LOVE WHISKY so drank rather a lot! The PR for Dalmore - Jill Inglis - was on hand to ensure that I didn't polish off the 40 year old in one go ...! I did try!" - Varun

James on the Run!

The crew with a new expert member.
With the delightful, wonderful, gorgeous and sweet AC ... and Master, Mr Peter Crome

"I have actually been staying in Mr Carnegie’s suite in the Castle – virtually untouched since the 20th century due to heritage conservation laws. The 3-roomed suite has many original features; his bed (I have been assured that the mattress has been changed though), wardrobes, a superb bathroom with unique bidet and enamel bath. The highlight though is a private balcony which offers views over the Dornoch Firth and the estate’s vast gardens." - Varun
"I am staying at The Glasshouse on Leith Street. It has 65 bedrooms including 17 suites ... a recommendation from Julia Record - who is now head of PR at The Dorchester Collection - but WAS my PR! How I miss her ..." - Varun
Varun and and THE Raeburn.
Varun's new toy!

I LOVE SCOTLAND! - Varun
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv