Tuesday 12 October 2010

It's been a rather long day ... up at 0500 and finally I have got to the Diary.

Today was resort "review" day. This, as you know, means that we spend the whole day filming the resort ...

The FS Punta Mita is "gated community within a gated community". The whole resort comprises of 2 luxury properties, private homes and 2 golf courses.

After breakfast, I met and interviewed the General Manager here Michele Grosso. We met many moons ago in Chicago and now here's in this happy place.

The resort has 32 suites and 141 rooms. I have the largest suite - nearly 10,000 square feet - the Coral Suite. It has: 5 bedrooms, 11 bathrooms, 8 showers, 5 baths, 3 swimming pools, a kitchen, 10-seater cinema, spa, gym, butler & chef, 800 square feet living room, Las Manzanillas beach front with hammocks and recliners, telescope ... is that not enough? It sells for $17,500USD a night ... I am here for 4 nights ...

After lunch I went to play just one golf hole. There are 2 Jack Nicklaus designed courses ... the Pacifico has 19 holes ... a regular par-3, 3A and unique par-3, 3B - aka The Tail of the Whale as it looks like a humpback whale diving from the air. It's 197 yards long ... and you hit over water. To get to the green though, you must get into an amphibious vehicle. Nicklaus says that this is his favourite golf hole in the world.

The boys then filmed the rest of the property while I visited the Spa.

It was quite hot today ... more of the same weather tomorrow.

The answer on Leica blog can be found: http://blog.leica-camera.com/



my beach

michele grosso

the jaguar which guards the suite - the local huicholes tribe says it will protect me ...

living room

one pool



my big pool

 
blogger template powered by fraktiv