Sunday 22 July 2007

Days 33, 34 & 35 - A busy weekend


It’s all too much…!

It’s Sunday evening and I am sitting at my desk at The Milestone in Kensington contemplating the last few days.

Friday was final preparation for today – the 1st day of the London shoot and yesterday was all about Timmy & Fifi, very dear friends who got married in a lovely village near Nottingham called Linby.
So – I am very lucky in that Alfa Romeo has sent me a lovely “Spider” to zoom around in and zoom I have. I am not a petrol head but I have to say that I am pleased that I will be driving this for the next few months as a) its fast b) its fast c) its fast! Yes – it’s fast!

The wedding was awesome – all white & happy! I was sitting next to the bride’s sister Amanda who does “hog roast” – basically a pig roasted on a spit – in her spare time. The pig is cooked in something that looks like a cremation chamber … smells rather good though.
The weather has been stunning today but yesterday & Friday (of course!) it was awful. I have never seen such rain in Pimlico.

So – today Tim & I with new-boy Luke, started filming the London show. There’s an exciting 2 weeks ahead of us … and I can’t wait.

The Milestone is one of my favourite hotels in the world. 45 rooms, 12 suites and 6 x 2 bed apartments. It’s classic chic – the service is on par with the Four Seasons, the sommelier Nicolas Clerc is the 2007 UK Sommelier of the Year, the GM Andrew Pike is just one of the nicest people on Earth, the cuisine is great and and and … you get my drift. It was built from 2 houses – 1 & 2 Kensington Court – in 1883 & 1888 – and has been a hotel since 1922 … in 1989, it was bought by Red Carnation Hotels and it’s just dreamy! It’s in Kensington – opposite the Palace Gardens – and my suite is just gorgeous!

Early start tomorrow … GREAT memories of the weekend!

Song of the Day: Pictures of You (The Cure)

Weather: Back to Sunshine!

No comments:

 
blogger template powered by fraktiv