Wednesday 4 July 2007

Day 17 - Goodbye Monaco


Just got home the security at the airport was tight! A dark-faced tired-looking bag-carrying scrag-bag (me) was asking for it!

A disappointing day in the end…

a) We were meant to get onto a Silversea cruise ship BUT the Med was SO choppy that they shut down Monaco Port
b) I had to say “good bye” to some of the lovely people who made the past 14 days fun
c) I pulled a thread from my favourite sweater

Good things…

a) 2 people said they liked my hat
b) Air France came through – thanks Stephan!
c) We got everything done for the shows
d) I am home! WHOO-HOO!

Tomorrow we start editing and prepare for the next shoot – London.

OK – so Monaco. I could not live there BUT to visit as a tourist, for 5 – 7 days, it’s an excellent destination. It’s the “Cinderella Syndrome” – you can live your dreams there BUT reality is waiting for you at home.

Monaco is filled with history and I was lucky in that I met some terrific people whilst observing some terrible ones. Hotel-wise, some are fabulous, some are great and some are okay. Service is still a problem in some.

Anyway – time to rest!

What I will miss: actually the deep vroooom of a fast car, the lovely PRs and the sunshine
What I won’t miss: stockfish (eat at your peril)

Tune of the Day: Rocket Man (Kate Bush version)

Weather: wonderful & weird to wet & wailing

No comments:

 
blogger template powered by fraktiv