Sunday 9 December 2012

No beach is a bad beach ...

Two weeks ago - Mauritius, 34 degrees, clear & hot - Last week - Cannes, 15 degrees, clear & tepid - Today - Dorset, 3 degrees, cloudy & cold ...

I still managed to spend much of the day on a pebble beach with a good cigar (maybe two!), a good book and my MP3 player - rich with classical music ... 

I am rereading the Life of Pi in anticipation of the movie coming out next week ... oh to be an Indian boy (me!) on a boat with a zebra, hyena and an orangutan ... and a tiger (is that me?). It's funny that I have seen all these animals in the wild ... hmm ... anyway so excited about the film ...

This week is set to be a busy one ... a lot of London ... a lot of editing, a lot of meetings and a lot of sake ...

Ending on a sad note ... one of my heroes passed away today. The astronomer Patrick Moore gave me my love of the stars ... space ... and the sky ... I met him a couple of times at the BBC and he was such a gentle fellow ... full of anecdotes and jokes ... 

After seeing the Aurora Borealis in Norway and the most amazing African sky in Kenya - this year - I am so pleased I have the habit of always looking up at night to see just what might be out there ... 

Song of the Day: Symphony No. 7 in A Major - Beethoven
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo3k2N3A1IQ

Film of the Day: The Fall (Tarkem)

Cigar & flat-cap ...

For my dear friend in the UAE who has lovely smooth white sand on her beaches ... but still misses the crunch of fine pebbles underfoot from a Dorset beach
Love hearts are so much harder in shingle ... 
And get washed away so easily in the winter tide ... (welly socks rock)
But I still love it ... 
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv