Thursday 13 December 2012

London life ... champagne & cigars ... well ... almost ...

Greetings from the "Grosvenor House Apartments - Park Lane by Jumeirah" ... where I am starting a few days of London life ...

Every year, before Xmas, I head to the London for a few days of shopping, eating, drinking, sleeping and "tourism".

It's been a cold but bright day ... and one full of lovely surprises ... 

Arrived at the hotel by lunchtime and headed to the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch. Now, you may think that with all the fabulous restaurants here in London, WHY did I lunch there? Well - the vegetarian burger with bacon & cheese (!) with a large flagon of ale (!) ... that's why ... YUM!

After that, straight to Davidoff to see dear Mr Sahakian and Eddie for a cigar ...

THEN off to St James Hotel & Club to see my new friend Kate for tea ...

And then I was on my way back to my hotel when I was seduced by the bright lights of the Four Seasons ... so I wandered in and unbelievably stumbled-in on a wine tasting that was being Twittered around the world ... 

I started with a Billecart Salmon Rose ... and was stuck there for at least 45 minutes before I finally succumbed to a wee glass of sweet Italian wine (moscato-ish) ...

Tonight ... pizza ... at my FAVOURITE in London!

Song of the Day: Separate Lives - Marilyn Martin & Phil Collins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_4w3-CPP6E

Film of the day: Hotel (1967)

At Four Seasons, London with a fine glass of pink champagne
At Davidoff, with two incredible people and an incredible cigar or two
St James Hotel & Club with Kate
At the GHA - Park Lane 
LUNCH!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv