Monday 3 December 2012

Greetings from Cannes in the South of France.

The weather is superb here -- 14 degrees. It's funny, as the locals are wrapped up as if it were sub-zero while the Brits are wearing shorts & t-shirts!

My hotel is ... erm ... painful  ... literally. I have already drawn blood twice on the edges of my bed! This CANNOT be the last hotel I stay in for the rest of the year ... or I will be quite depressed... it's okay at best ... & it's called "Grand" - reallyt?! 

I need to find a final hotel with a private pool ("which I can put my head in to").

I am here for the annual International Luxury Travel Market ... which is primarily where hotels & resorts meet travel agents/tour operators from around the world. The organisers invite a few journalists to say "hello" to the properties ... it's the premier show for this kind of stuff anywhere in the world ... and what a venue!

Left home in the dark, caught the BA flight to Nice (and got a great bus tour around Heathrow ... a full - awful - 15 minute bus ride!) ... and then off to Cap d'Antibes for lunch at the fabulous Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc ... a great way to start this trip.

I have 42 breakfast/lunch & dinner invitations in 3 days ... I feel a stomach upset coming on!

Song of the Day: Nothing Compares to U - Sinead O'Connor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUiTQvT0W_0

Film of the Day: 1408 (John Cusack)

 At the Hotel du Cap Eden Roc
 With my first EVER General Manager interviewee (12 years ago) Didier Le Calvez
With broadcasting legend Peter Greenberg and social media guru - Tiffany Dowd
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv