Wednesday 21 March 2012

I am in and have been in ... Abu Dhabi ... the capital of the United Arab Emirates!


Although today, I did venture to the nearby Dubai. It has been much warmer today but just as dusty which made my visit to the Burj Khalifa (the world's tallest building) somewhat disappointing.


I did poke my head into the Raffles in Dubai ... it looks like an Egyptian pyramid ... very cool indeed.


Off home tonight after a successful trip to the UAE.


A few people did guess where I have been ... and some have got it so wrong!!
At the foot of the Burj Khalifa
The tallest building in the world!
Inside the "pleasuredome" ... well, pleasurepyramid ....  
So - this is when you know you are leaving Dubai and re-entering Abu Dhabi. New road lights, trees and a certain sense of increased affluence!
Emirates Palace ... and behind the new Jumeirah Hotel ... Abu Dhabi!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv