Saturday 3 March 2012

Day 5 - Thailand - Chiang Rai


There is something quite lovely about waking up in a tent. My first real luxury tent experience (glamping) was in Marrakesh, Morocco ... where I lived in this amazing canvas-covered suite complete with birdcage circular bath ... and a dictator-sized bed. The problem was that there was no view ...


This morning was just stunning. Due to the paddy-field fires (mostly in Myanmar), until around 7.30 am, there was a thick haze through the trees below my tent (as far as the eye could see) ... through the jungle ... fighting with the sunshine to dominate the landscape.


So - the boys - as ever - have been awesome - filming away with ... elephants ... and after a fabulous massage ... (yes, another one) ... I went to visit my favourite pachyderm in all the world - Yuki. Yuki (snow in Japanese) is just the most gorgeous four legged - with trunk - creature in the world. On my first visit here in 2010, she became my friend ... and as we know, elephants have looooong memories, so she obviously remembered me ... and we gallumped about today ... with much more to come! whoo-hoo!!


My home here in The Golden Triangle is "The Burmese Tent" and is one of the 15 on property. Mine is different because it has a jacuzzi on the terrace ... and sitting in there looking out over the world ... is just ... sensational.


One ... and I mean another ... thing we did that was rather fun today was to take boats down the Mekong River to get shots of the Camp. My fellow passengers were Nicola (PR) ... and Yonatan (Yoni) & Brigitte Kachko - the Camp Manager and his wife. Wonderful, adorable and delightful people ...


The river is VERY low at the moment ...


Tomorrow - more elephants! HEAVEN!!!!!
Yuki





Yoni and Brigitte
The Boys in Burma (Myanmar) ... 
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv