Wednesday 7 March 2012

Day 9 - Thailand - Chiang Mai


On the 29th March 2009, I was filming in Singapore:


After being beaten into a sweaty frenzy by the club pro (tennis), I headed up to the 20th floor of the hotel for a quick neck and head massage from Sumittra - one of the sweetest people you will ever meet. She is here for a few months from the Chiang Mai property in Thailand. She is small and shy BUT she has the power of 12 rampaging elephants. She removed the knots in my shoulders in just minutes and I feel relaxed now!

This morning I visited the enormous Spa here and enjoyed a thoroughly wonderful 90-minute massage - arguably the most soothing & effective massage of my life! Ahhhh ... I am still chilled out from it ...


What was wonderful was that Sumittra remembered who I was. So, elephants, water buffalo AND massage therapists have long term memories. Good news.


While the boys were out filming today, I have been doing loads of work! I am now ahead of the curve.


Tonight we celebrated a birthday and the evening culminated in the release of lanterns ... it was just such a lovely way to end the day ... and indeed the end to our stay here in Chiang Mai. Tomorrow we are off to Koh Samui ...


If you ever get the chance to release lanterns into a beautiful sky - do it - it's just so ... thought provoking ... hmmmm ... ahhhh ... 


In front of the rice paddy fields ... and lake ...
The lantern is lit
Into the sky ... with a couple of wishes ...
Tim at work
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv