Friday 12 August 2011

What a difference a day makes.

I awoke to a truly beautiful morning – albeit rather humid.

First up, an interview with the wonderful General Manager Mark Kitchen of the Pink Sands resort - on the pink sandy beach that fronts the resort. The sand really is pink ... coral has mixed in with the sand over the years turning it into this beautiful colour.

There are just 25 cottages at the resort and 2 estate homes ... of which one – Banyan Tree – is mine! I have 4 bedrooms ... 3 in the main house and a Guest House. I also have my own swimming pool ... fire-pit and as the house is situated on the highest point of the island, fabulous views!

It is a truly lovely home here at Pink Sands.

I was lucky that Karen the masseuse was hiding in my Guest House ... and after I found her, I was rewarded with a rather fabulous massage! Lucky me!

We then drove the 5 minutes to Briland Art – home of artist Ersley Wilson. He scours the beaches for driftwood and paints some lovely stuff on them. Nice fellow.
Finally, we visited the Princess of Queen Conch – Chanella Percentie. Queen Conch is the premier conch shack on the island. Conch comes from a shell ... is a mollusc ... and the meat is “cooked” using juices from orange, lemon and lime. Mixed with tomato and onions, the salad she produced was truly scrumptious.

It’s been a very productive day!


 
blogger template powered by fraktiv