Saturday 27 August 2011

The US East coast is being battered by Hurrican Irene. Even the tough New Yorkers have taken fright ...

My worry over the past couple of days has been Harbour Island in the Bahamas. I found this fabulous article by India Hicks in The Daily Beast which says it all. There's an excellent before/after photo in there too ...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/08/26/hurricane-irene-hits-the-bahamas-and-india-hicks-supplies-a-firsthand-account.html

I try and read as many online newspapers as I can every day. For right-wing, comedy it has to be The Daily Mail. In fact, this newspaper is SO bad for news & comment, that I am amazed that it has even one reader (apart from me!). Well, according to The Daily Mail, the UK may suffer from Hurricane Irene too ... so I am going to stock up on water, toilet paper (The Daily Mail will do) and cigars so as not to get caught short in the coming days ...

I did wander down to the South Coast today - and as you can see - it was hurricane conditions ...


 
blogger template powered by fraktiv