Saturday 6 August 2011

Just back from the cinema.

I don't seem to have the time to go to the movies anymore - mainly because I watch films on planes ... or have lovefilm download onto my laptop before I travel ... OR even watch the odd movie in a hotel bed surrounded by pizza and red wine ...

Initially I wanted to see Harry Potter BUT I had honestly forgotten what happened in the first twelve (?) movies so this would have been pointless ... Captain America looks quite daft ... Cars 2 - I am possibly a wee old for ... SO I settled on Super 8.

For those under 35, you will possibly not know what I am talking about now ... but Super 8 (for me) was "ET" meets "The Goonies" ... and I preferred the originals in every way ... ELO's "Don't let me down" launched and ended the movie gloriously ... it was everything in the middle that sucked ... hey ho ... maybe Cars 2 would have been a better choice ...


 
blogger template powered by fraktiv