Wednesday 3 February 2010

So - to Day 2 of my own "look back"show ...
And first up, Ireland. It was here - just a few miles drive from Dromoland Castle that I rocked up to learn how to do dressage! The people at Clonlara were just brilliant with me and yes, I learnt how to basically move a horse about without falling off or it throwing me! It was great fun and gave me a real urge to learn how to ride horses properly. Sadly, I have not had the time ... yet!

Ah! The South Island of New Zealand and Queenstown! I met up with Choppy Patterson who helicoptered me to The Hills golf course and to the top of The Remarkable Mountain Range to whack some golf balls from 1-mile up! It was great fun and by the way, the balls are made of dog biscuit!


Ah! Temecula ... Santa Barbara ... where I was taken in an enormous hot-air balloon and I floated over the wine-region. It was superb ...

Staying with aerial experiences and it was off to Thunder City in Cape Town. Here I got to fly a Buccaneer at great speed! Flying a jet is an awesome feeling ... one that I will never forget ... I saw Cape Town, the ocean ... the whole of the Western Cape at great speed ...

Finally for today, the North Island of New Zealand and Cape Kidnappers where I met the world expert on the kiwi bird. We went into the reserve and found "my" kiwi - called Bonus - woke him up and measured & weighed him! John McLennan was very careful with little Bonus ... now that was a memorable day too!!!
Song of the Day: Seven Days to Die - David Bowie
Weather: GRIM
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv