Friday 5 February 2010

Day 4 - look-back ....

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.” Winnie the Pooh I had a wonderful suite overlooking Camps Bay while staying at the 12 Apostles. Tim (cameraman) took this photo with a low-hi-HD-up-res-thingy-me-jig ... camera. As you can tell I know very little about camerawork ... all I remember is that he and Jimmy hung off the balcony for hours taking this most excellent photo of the setting ...
Ah yes - San Diego ... and The Lodge at Torrey Pines. In 2008, this course hosted the US Open and I got a chance to play it! I did excel on a Par-3 with a rather snazzy birdie ... the rest was not that good. Fabulous course! As yesterday's look-back ... Dromoland Castle in Ireland and one of the birds at The Falconry School decided to sit on the camera lens! While Tim was NOT impressed, he was too scared to argue! His weak smile you can see, his knocking knees you can't!
Tim is a VERY innovative cameraman! This whole look-back is all about him! Here at The Peninsula in Chicago we had "issues". We were trying to a film a 5-minute piece to camera with no breaks ... and here in the pool I was moving from the gym to a massage. We are close to water (no electricity), not enough room for a proper track AND I am "lower" than Tim. So, he sits on a camera box - films, moves and records the sound all at once ... genius!
Finally, back in Cape Town ... I got to drive these rather fast cars round an ex F-1 track ... it was fast.

The weekend is here and I am closer to my holidays .. yay!

Song of the Day: Arielle Dombasle - C'est si bon!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqLUK-dCI5Y

Weather: Calm
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv