Sunday 7 February 2010

Day 6 - look-back

"There are only two emotions in a plane: boredom and terror." - Orson Welles

This was not a filming trip but a visit to Hong Kong where I stayed at The Upper House ... Hong Kong's newest luxury hotel. There were two AMAZING hotel openings in 2009 - The Elysian in Chicago and The Upper House. My views were superb (of Victoria Harbour), the suite was superb, the staff were affable & incredibly efficient, there was wi-fi in the hotel limo to/fro the airport ... it all worked. Love it! It's definitely in the "BIG" four in Hong Kong (Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental and Peninsula are the others).

There is only one airline I fly out of choice ... Air New Zealand. The food & wine is great, the service is brilliant and the crew treat passengers like "real" humans ... not just numbers ... Two of THE most wonderful people in Beverly Hills - Darling Jen and Radha - General Manager of The Beverly Wilshire (Four Seasons) ... the "dream team" ... love them! I believe its the 20th anniversary of "Pretty Woman" this year which featured the BW! Surely that movie (now being touted as a "classic") was about prostitution!!!!!! I am unsure to why we are celebrating this movie rather than ... "Home Alone" ... which was all about a crazy child, high on e-numbers! To Santa Barbara and the lovely PR at The Biltmore ... Gena ... who ended the week in the Ocean with me paddle-boarding! Above and beyond the call of duty ... ! Ah yes - Eagle Paragliding .. one of the most frightening days of my life! I learnt how to paraglide in an hour and went solo after that! On the show you see success ... in reality I also nearly killed myself by thumping into the ground at great speed and was only slowed down after I whacked into Tim who recovered quickly enough for this photo to be taken by Jimmy - who if I remember correctly was laughing ... rather than being concerned! Who can blame him??!!!

Song of the Day: Ticket to the World - Roland Orzabal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA_lhbPVDi4

Weather: Too good ... !

 
blogger template powered by fraktiv