Monday 8 February 2010

Day 7 - look-back ...

"I did not fully understand the dread term "terminal illness" until I saw Heathrow for myself". Dennis Potter, 1978

Ah! A meal at CUT at the Beverly Wilshire in LA. In the photo - Wolfgang Puck (one of the most famous chefs in the world), me, my dear friend Krista and Ari Rosenson (chef de cuisine). CUT is all about steak ... I don't eat steak! SO - I had - some lovely chicken and delightful red wine from a fabulous sommelier ... Dana Farner ... it was a memorable meal ...
Aah! Sonora Resort in Canada with the two pups - Shadow & Lucky ... adorable! This was our last filming day there ... I had just done the last piece to camera and we sat out on the terrace drinking wine, eating canapes and being cuddled by pooches! Heaven!
Aaah! Now believe it or not, I do take some time out of travelling for the show to travel some more! I went on a trip to Tenerife to look at whether it was a luxury travel destination. I did stay at a couple of hotels - my favourite being the Royal Garden Villas. The pool was divine and in the evening, as the sun dropped, it was photograph time!
Aaaah! The Fullerton in Singapore - the VERY first hotel of the last series. I had the Presidential Suite ... and that came with my own lift/elevator. It was a bit "bleak" so I added an armchair! What a difference that made ... !
FINALLY - Charles Lotter - the GM of Summer Lodge - the FINEST luxury country house hotel in England. I am a frequent visitor ...!

Song of the Day: Glittering Prize - Simple Minds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBaK7MAbFFw

Weather: Snowing!!!!!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv