Tuesday 23 February 2010

I am sitting here in my hotel ... content! Usually for "room service" I order a pizza or club sandwich or a basic chicken dish ... but tonight ... I ordered a hot dog! It was DELICIOUS! The Cumberland sausage was just how I like it (almost cremated), with roast onions and a hint of ketchup AND awesome chunky chips ... washed down with a fresh pineapple juice! Totally, utterly ... yum!

SO - I am staying at The Goring in London, SW1 - just a skip away from Victoria Station and Buckingham Palace.

Next week, the hotel celebrates it's 100 birthday! What a milestone! It is the only family-owned luxury hotel in London and it was opened on March 2nd 1910 by Otto Goring. Over the years, it has played host to Prime Ministers, Presidents and Royalty...

I used to live round the corner and it must say that this hotel was nicknamed the "Boring Goring" for years BUT after a huge & tasteful refurbishment, the hotel could be tagged as "The Soaring Goring" .. it's up there ...

Interesting fact - The Goring was first hotel in the world to have a bathroom & heating in each room!

My day has been pretty good ... pretty, pretty good ... and tomorrow it's filled with meetings!

Song of the Day: My Boy Lollipop - Millie
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCUcbRTB6Rs

Weather: Cold & Raining ... yuk


my home for a couple of nights ...
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv