Tuesday 9 February 2010

Day 7 - "look-back"

"Travelling is not only relaxing yourself but travelling helps you release stress and makes you forget your troubles." Anon

A wee insight into my "home life" ... I have a pup called Gemima. She is the love of my life! My view is that if a hotel can take children (& camera assistants) it can take well-behaved dogs. Gemima has visited many-a-luxury property ... and has never been trouble. This is her having a snooze at Flemings in London after a bath ...
These two are Mittens & Maisy my kittens - who do NOT travel. They just sleep and scratch me!
In Singapore, the first show of last series in 2009, I learnt how to play polo. There was this pony who was lame and needed a home. I attempted to buy her and bring her back to the UK ... Sadly the cost was prohibitive and the time spent in quarantine made the whole deal untenable. I had great fun playing polo but I will never forget this lovely pony ...
The one highlight of my life in London is a visit to Davidoff on St James to see either Eddie or Edward Sahakian for a cigar. Cigars & whisky are my "things in life" to keep me happy. The former came from smelling the lovely scent from my Papa's cigars and the latter ... well ... that's come with age. I am blessed to have the Sahakians in my life and invariably Duty Free for a new bottle on every visit!

One of the greatest days in my life! Canada - Sonora Resort ... along with my dear friend Wendy and pro-fisherman Jeff, I went out onto the ocean "out of season" to try and catch a fish! Guess what .. against all odds I did .... ON CAMERA! 18lbs of Chinook salmon! It was smoked and sent home to me - sliced and packaged ... I still have some in my freezer!

Song of the Day: Mandela Day - Simple Minds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFnJmz5pWc4

Weather: Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

 
blogger template powered by fraktiv