Wednesday 24 February 2010

Firstly, apologies for this entry being late. I had a family emergency after an awesome dinner and had to rush home ... the last thing on my mind was the diary!

All is well though ... so ...
Buckingham Palace is just a wee hop, skip from my hotel - The Goring. This is why, over the years, the hotel has been used by the Royal Family as a place to dine & drink ...
Breakfast was at The Wolseley on Piccadilly. This used to be a car showroom, bank and once an ENORMOUS Chinese restaurant. While the company was great - the atmosphere, food & service were lacking ... badly.
Back to my old stomping ground in Pimlico and I found a Shangri-La ... not the hotel but a Chinese herbalist! No time for a massage ...
Lunch with a very dear friend at 41 (a Red Carnation hotel) in Victoria. Food, service, atmosphere ... all A1 ....
The lounge/dining room
Napoleon's bust ... gathers dust ... (or not)
Back to my 71 room & suite hotel on Beeston Place ...
My bathroom (spot the ducks on the back left of the bath)
A warm cosy suite ... love the colours ... the hotel is famous for sheep ... but alas none in my suite .. I was thinking about my dear Bert & Ernie ...

My balcony ... huge ... with views of the garden (which in Spring is lovely). The hotel celebrates its 100th birthday next Tuesday ... and the marquee is for a huge party.

Dinner was in "The Dining Room" a well-Linley-designed room ... and the food wasn't bad either!

I did not get enough photos of The Goring ... I will pop back & get some when I am next in London ...

I did have a lovely stay and the all important service is outstanding ...

Need to start packing for Australia

Weather: Rainy

 
blogger template powered by fraktiv