Tuesday 12 January 2010

So, woke up at 7 a.m. This is a lie-in for me because on filming days I am up at 5. I am staying at The Mark in a 1-bedroom suite on 9th floor. It's perfect for a unassuming, low-maintenance, unfussy person like me! Ha! Actually - it's a WONDERFUL homely suite ... not too big, not too small ... the kind of place you could have a meeting in or slouch on the sofa with a pizza!
SO - first up - scripts - Oman and Thailand. I leave NYC tomorrow - arrive in London on Thursday and am straight into the editing suite ... phew!
Today was a trip down Memory Lane. Orsay - on Lexington - was the first place I ever ate in NYC! It's still here ... but looks rather rundown ...
Last night I got home at after 2 am! Why? Well, I smoked cigars and drank lovely whisky here! A couple of blocks from the hotel.
Nice cakes!

I LOVE FAO Schwarz ... I visit there EVERY time I am in NYC. Always pop up to "THE" piano from Big to reminisce about my childhood. As far as I am concerned Tom Hanks only starred in one good movie - Big ... and the piano scene is just a classic.
A row of Yukis (the elephant I mahouted in Chiang Rai, Northern Thailand before Xmas)
A life-sized Lego model of Batman - only $26,000 ... plus tax! Whammo Blammo Kerpowey!
After all this shopping, it was time for a rest and where better to "put my feet up" than The Four Seasons hotel. The delightful PR Leslie Lefkowitz (right) and her assistant for the day Jessica "Rabbit" Rudin wined me (lovely Pinot) and let me chatter incessantly about my recent adventures. I have known Leslie for a long time but don't see her often enough. I am thinking of revisiting NYC in 2011 for filming ... and this hotel ... plus The Greenwich are at the top of my list ...
On my way back to the hotel I spotted Lisa Perry a wonderfully cool, retro, 60's, homage to Twiggy & the Beatles store on Madison Avenue (between 76 & 77). Everything is VERY colourful (including "Pretty in Pink" Katie above) ... and there is a HUGE bottle of Heinz Ketchup (sculpture) that will hopefully find its way back home with me!! I bought some very cool plates and cups ... dinner party anyone??? If you are bored tonight and want to watch my ultimate 60's movie - The Party with Peter Sellers! I model myself on his character in this movie ...


NEW YORK ROCKS!


Song of the Day: Walking Down Madison - Kirsty MacColl

Weather: Chilly but bright
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv