Saturday 30 January 2010

On Monday it will be February (where did January go?) and by the end of the week, a year's work will finally be over. Yes, the entire series including the Food & Wine special and the look-back show will be all done, dusted and ready for broadcasting!

In one way it feels like the filming year has flown by, but in another it seems a seriously mind-boggling long time ago that the year began in Singapore. When I think of how many places we have visited in the space of 11 months - fine hotels, wonderful sights and sounds, fabulous people, amazing experiences ... it exhausts me!

Anyway, so pleased it's the weekend! Yay! I am in Oxfordshire ... near a place called Christmas Common! I had lunch in "The Crooked Billet" ... a wonderful pub with delightful food ... apparently it's where Kate Winslet had her first wedding breakfast!

I now have a whisky in my hand ... ahhhhhh!

Song of the Day: Sexual Healing - Marvin Gaye
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bAekG9VwQc

Weather: Clear & cool!

 
blogger template powered by fraktiv