Sunday 30 September 2007

Days 102 to 105 - Totally Terrific Tuscany!

Ciao.

This week has been tough... Seb & I have basically barricaded ourselves in the edit suite making sure that Hong Kong & Tokyo look good, sound good, feel good and are good enough for broadcast. The good news is that it's all good and... actually great! Some of the features are lovely -Iaido (swords), Tokyo fish market, golf and one not - karaoke on the Sumagawa... my singing is AWFUL!

We have been working all hours so I can come back to Tuscany, to the Castello del Nero.

A few months ago, I met up at my local (fabulous) Italian with the Castello's owners Bob & Ragni and we planned this visit. Unfortunately they are not here BUT they have ensured that the sun is shining and the air is clean.

It was very sad this morning leaving the girls at home - mioaw, mew and ruff... it was still dark (0430). Took the Gatwick Express and jumped on the BA to Pisa. Alex is playing Stepmom... Rather than taking a hotel taxi, I decided to drive the 1 hr 30 to Tavarnelle Val di Pesa on the road to Firenze. The journey was fun. I drove this crazy automatic Smart (hire) car that is bashed up on one side ("crazy American drivers!" according to the rep) through some stunning countryside, up & down the back-roads to this slice of heaven. The traffic was good and I only had to shout "Bella pasta" or "margherita pizza" a couple of times in anger! As concert season is up soon in London, I have a collection of CDs for some of the ones I am going to... today it was "Ghosts" - bubblegum pop if you’ve ever heard it... fun but no Bob Dylan...

I have been snoozing for most of the day - mostly by the outdoor pool - so the real exploration starts tomorrow.


Song of The Day: That's Amore - Dean Martin

Weather: Totally Terrific (in Tuscany)

No comments:

 
blogger template powered by fraktiv