Tuesday 11 September 2007

Day 86 - we need a spa presenter! Enough is enough!


0800- Breakfast for the first time in a few days. Lovely toast,dare I say it BUT nearly as good as the toast at The Peninsula in Hong Kong.

1030 - Jump in cab to the Conrad, sad but true. The cab driver got lost and apologised at least 15 times! I didn’t have a problem with it UNTIL he refused to take money for the journey. I forced it on him but the idea of a tip was too much. At one stage I was worried that he might start crying. Can you imagine that anywhere else in the world? Thought so!

The Conrad was opened on July 1st 2005. It is based in the Tokyo Shiodome Building next to the fabulous Dentsu building. It has 222 rooms & 68 suites from floors 28 to 37. All rooms have a view - either city or Sumida-gawa River, Tokyo Bay & Hamarikyu Gardens - a former Royal residence.

There is a SUPERB cigar room in the shop!! SUPERB!!!!

I went up to the Mizuki Spa on the 29th floor and had a Bamboo Massage. Basically I was pounded on - by a lovely lady with two shorts of hollow bamboo. Erm - it was meant to calm me but it worried me. Yes... Erm - calm? Anyway - an experience...

There are 3 restaurants, a Gordon Ramsey, a delightful Chinese - China Blue and a Japanese.

This hotel has spectacular views and swimming pool. The cigar room is fabulous (am I repeating myself?).

1700 - Home in the pouring rain. Sad about Anita Roddick - I once interviewed her - lovely lady.

1800 - Visited the Sony Centre - HUGE! I actually won a pen and ball after beating the goalie three times in a row. It’s the most exercise I have done in weeks!

Move hotels tomorrow...BOOHOOHOO!

Song of the Day: Hey Hey We’re The Monkees (Inside Luxury Travel Ltd -limited release)

Weather: Kittens n’ puppies
Weight: ?!

No comments:

 
blogger template powered by fraktiv