Sunday 19 August 2012

WE WON!

Today has been my annual outing to the local cricket green and unlike last year, I outdid myself!

OK - if you know nothing about cricket (yes, how can you play a match for 5 days and still not have a winner!) this diary entry is a waste of your time ... but please bear with me!

SO - it is village cricket ... nothing amazing ... a "bad" pitch ... some great players, some not so great, young and old ... whites and decidedly not!

Well, we lost the toss (of the coin) and they put themselves into bat. We bowled them out for 38 runs! I took FIVE wickets including a hat-trick (three in a row) ... in just 3 overs!

Then we batted ...

We thought 38 was easy ... it wasn't! We were 22 runs for 9 wickets when I went in ... and I scored 15 not out including a SIX on the last ball ... and we WON!

I feel quite jolly! It was a day's cricket in the warm and wonderful sunshine!

Song of the Day: We are The Champions - Queen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY

 15 NOT OUT (including an ENORMOUS 6!)
 US
 In full flow
FIVE wickets ... including a hat-trick (yay!)
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv