Monday 20 August 2012

There's one problem with playing sports once in a while ... it's called the Marathon Syndrome. Every year you see these runners struggle around a marathon course having done NO training, NO warming up ... and end up for weeks in agony ... or worse ...

So my day of awesome cricket has its downsides ... an achy back ... an achy arm ... and achy shoulders.

Last night, after the game, I drove up to the most "beautiful village in England" (actually it isn't, mine is) ... Castle Combe ... where Doctor Doolittle (the original), War Horse, The Wolfman and Stardust was filmed ...

There's a fabulous golf course - attached to the famous Manor Hotel - which I DIDN'T play as I was in too much pain from the previous day's physical efforts ... and it looked like it was going to rain! Lame excuses I know ...!

I need to try my new Titleist clubs out before I get to Lisbon!

Song of the Day:  Sing - Travis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYO1-gGWJyo

FAB VIDEO!!!!

 The Hotel - sweet!
 The cottages - delightful!
 The Village - cute!
 The Church - haunted!
Henrietta The Cat - funny!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv