Wednesday 22 August 2012

The saying goes that you can count your REAL friends on one hand - well today, I saw two of them and spoke to two more! That's a good day in anyone's book!

So - I have been in London - enjoying the lovely weather, smoking the odd cigar, drinking the odd glass of champagne AND having proper work meetings too! A lot in one day and now I am back home with my dear Father ... exhausted and looking forward to getting a good night's sleep!

Paralympic fever has hit the capital and I for one am VERY excited about it. I have read some amazing stories of athletes who have overcome some serious, serious adversities to be able to compete and I can't wait to see them in action.

War is about old men sending young men (& women) to die ... some of the soldiers have come back home with atrocious injuries ... have been largely ignored by governments and the media but thankfully charities have stepped in to give them hope ... and one outlet for hope is sport! The Paralympics is going to be superhuman!

With dear friend and "big sister" Julia at The Dorchester (there's a Foo Fighter in the background - can you spot him?)

 
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv