Thursday 25 October 2007

Day 129 - When I'm 164

camden cool
lisa & graham
he's alive!
another fave photo (from Montage at Laguna Beach)

SO - day 2 of BBC Electric Proms ... McCartney.

First you had to queue up to get these red anti-ticket-tout wristbands, then you had to queue to get in, THEN you had to fight to get a place to see the stage ... THEN I realised that I actually don't like the Beatles or McCartney - except maybe the Frog Chorus ... and Mary Had a Little Lamb (I was 3 years old!). So the evening became farcical. McCartney, I believe, is (1)64 years old ... but he surrounds himself with young dudes who make him look (1)63 ...

Same old, same old ... tra-la-la, Hey Jude, Fool on the Hill, Long & Winding Road ... etc etc ... and yes, I did leave early.

He did sing a tribute to Lennon which was quite good ... strange as well, Sean Lennon played the same stage the day before.

The highlight of the evening was meeting Lisa & Graham from Brisbane ... they rocked up to a fully booked concert and got 2 tickets by just being polite to the right person! Classic stuff ... especially as the touts were STILL plying their trade outside for £500 a ticket!

Tonight - Concert 3 - and this one I can't wait for!!

Today - it's Day 1 of the edit ... should be fun!

Song of the Day: Frog Chorus - Paul McCartney

Weather: Chilly

No comments:

 
blogger template powered by fraktiv