Friday 5 October 2007

Day 110 - The Lost City In London

the team
lost in london


Only three days until we are off to Los Angeles. We have launched a special FTP site today to preview our work and it looks awesome.

We have had HUGE pre-production problems today but thankfully, after a wonderful lunch at Mosimann's ... it's all sorted. More on that next week ...

BTW, there are 3 awesome desserts in London

1) The chocolate box at Nobu (very common now!)
2) Iced summer berries with white chocolate sauce at The Ivy
3) Bread & butter pudding at Mosimann's

I am meant to be on a diet BUT I had to at least sample 3)

A few years ago, on my first visit to China, I popped down to the "Lost City of Xi'an" ... i.e. the home of the Emperor Qin's terracotta army ... discovered by a farmer in 1974, the lost city is one of China's most important historic finds. While scientists/archaeologists have unearthed part of the "army" that was buried with the Emperor in 210 BC. His main tomb has been left untouched and is said to contain rivers of mercury!


Anyway, the British Museum is currently hosting an exhibition with some of the chaps from the tomb in London (yes, they were granted visas) on show. Every one of the 8,000 or so terracotta soldiers unearthed are different and I was told that each one had a soul of a lost soldier .. so I am not sure that they should be moved ... but then I am pro-zoo so I should not really whine ...

You are not allowed to take photos inside the exhibition ... but visiting it has done two things, reminded me of a great trip to China and has inspired me to revisit China next year and the Lost City ... any takers?

Song of The Day: Relax - Frankie Goes to Hollywood

Weather: Chilling

No comments:

 
blogger template powered by fraktiv