Saturday 13 October 2007

Day 118 - Brad & Me

lea journo
pretty jennifer

OK - OK - will explain the Brad thing first. Well, basically we have spent the whole day filming the hotel. It has the Lea Journo Hair Salon on the 2nd floor and three of her regular clients are Brad Pitt, Orlando Bloom and Kate Bosworth. She has totally redesigned my hair! It was actually quite an experience ... she snipped and snipped & I worried but Alex & Tim reckon I have lost a couple of years! Whoo-hoo! Lea's average cut is from $180 upwards ... scarey prices!

Anyway, remember Pretty Woman? Well, it was filmed here (exteriors only) -- so Jenn and I couldn't help ourselves!!

The hotel has 2 wings - and there is a small road in the middle of them - El Camino Real - which is, I suppose, like the one at The Savoy in London ... a hotel road ... for the hotel only!

The hotel has 2 main restaurants - BLVD (where I now have burger named after me!) and CUT - Wolfgang Puck's steak restaurant. He is more famous in the US than any other chef ... we will hopefully cook with him this week. To get a table at CUT you have to kill someone ... or at least hurt them ... I am eating there tonight ... I don't actually eat steak BUT I am sure he will do me a small green salad! haha!

The hotel has lovely B&W photos of its past and the guests who have stayed or visited. From Kings to Queens, royalty to true A-listers, the Beverly Wilshire has seen it all.

We have more to do today ... and the weather is looking dicey. Eeek.

Song of the Day: Get Jiggy Wit' It - Will Smith

Weather: can't you read?!


IT'S AL'S BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!

No comments:

 
blogger template powered by fraktiv