Friday 26 October 2007

Day 130 - I should Koko

The KOKO
Ghosts

Many, many, many years ago, when I had just graduated to long from short trousers, I came across a band called Supergrass. For the next few years, this band made me shuffle my feet (dance, apparently) and sing loudly in open places (badly). Supergrass still play but time has moved on ... and just as I was dusting my musical coffin down (it's Halloween, so please let me roll with it!), Ghosts came along.

The World Outside is a nice little album ... but only gives them 75 minutes maximum of on-stage time (plus the odd cover).

The concert was held at the Koko in Camden - the Camden Palace for those who remember the war years. Apparently, Charlie Chaplin was a feature here in 1900 ... it's a stunning old building with original features inside ... and they accept credit cards behind the bar!

The band came on ... played for 80 minutes (inc. cover of Pussycat Dolls -Don'tcha) and left ... I shuffled, the crowd shuffled and we all left happy & slightly merry!

Great crowd of mainly 30-somethings ... ladies on a night out and funny looking men chasing the ladies ...

So far - out of the concert list, Ghosts was the best! One left though - tonight!

Rest of Friday - in edit with Seb. He has had a shave and haircut and looks presentable!

Song of Day: World Outside (Ghosts)

Weather: Dull

No comments:

 
blogger template powered by fraktiv