Friday 9 April 2010

So, I shower at least twice a day ... once in the morning and once in the evening. I reckon I am a clean boy ... but just one trip to a hammam and suddenly I feel rather dirty!

I have two travel "heroes" ... my Papa and Michael Palin. Mr Palin travelled the world in 80 days and stopped over in Istanbul & visted a hammam. He was basically twisted into a pulp by a man that could have been called Adbul The Angry ... and he didn't get this name because he took in stray kittens and puppies! Poor Palin was beaten to a pulp! It was fun to watch ... and today I had a taste of what he had ... albeit a very tamer version!

SO - the day started sadly as I left The Four Seasons at Sultanahmet. Dear Sibel (PR) waved us off and we made our way to the Bosphorus when we jumped onto a boat - Denden 2 - and sailed down the Bosphorus Strait which separates Asia and Europe ... and the city of Istanbul simultaneously!

With my dear guide ... we sailed up & down the Strait in BRIGHT sunshine! Gone is the rain! Yay!

After this, the boys went Istanbul-filming crazy while I checked into The Ritz-Carlton ... a very tall modern building that overlooks the Strait.

I met with the GM - Martin and PR - Serah (more on them tomorrow) before unpacking in my delightful suite ... and then entered the hammam for THE treatment!

It starts off in a steam room, then you are placed on a hot marble table and basically scrubbed, massaged ... and scrubbed again! My skin was basically descaled ... I am now VERY smooth all over ... all the dead skin has been rubbed away and I am actually now exhausted!! I was shocked by the amount of dead skin I shed ... UGH!

What a day!

Tomorrow, it's filming in the hotel day ... and I can't wait!

Song of the Day: Sign of the Times - Prince
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC454gzZoz0

Weather: Glorious

(I had a camera disaster, so all of these were taken by Tim & James ... thanks boys!)









 
blogger template powered by fraktiv