Monday 5 April 2010

Greetings from The Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet. I am sitting in my suite, full of club sandwich and in need of a good sleep.

I have had Leica issues so am back with my trusty Sony camera until May. The photos this week will not be perfect but hopefully will be acceptable ...

So - arrived at Terminal 3 at Heathrow and jumped onto a Turkish Airlines flight to Istanbul. The check-in desk staff were undoubtedly THE best I have ever encountered at an airline ... happy, smiley, HELPFUL ... lovely!

Would love to tell you what Business Class on the airline was like but I fell asleep as soon as I sat in my seat! I woke up just 20 minutes from Istanbul!! Will report on the way home ...

The weather was lovely on arrival but it's expected to take a turn for the worse tomorrow. Eek.

Anyway, am very happy in my first hotel here in Istanbul and am very excited about the week ahead.

Song of the Day: Partyman - Prince
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3Bj_So1PuA&feature=related

Weather: Sunny & Warm

The flight left on time too!
The traditional pre-filming photo!
We have arrived ..Our guide for the afternoon Katharina Loth who when asked about the weather forecast this week said "the weather in Istanbul is a lot like women ... unpredictable"! She is from Berlin ... and her German wit had us crying with laughter for much of the 45 minutes from the airport to the hotel!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv