Thursday 5 November 2009

Greetings from Claridge's ... in a lovely suite (one of the best in London) on the first floor overlooking Brook Street.

It's been a busy, busy and interesting day ...

I am certainly not a party person anymore. I used to be there at the opening of an envelope - but now I just do my job and let everyone else party. Tonight was an exception - "Luxury Briefing" is the best trends magazine in the UK and it held its annual shindig at The Connaught just up the road from here. I was there with Philippe (GM of Claridge's) and Pepita ... but I met up with some dear old friends who I haven't seen for ages. It was actually quite nice. The highlight of the evening was Anya Hindmarch picking up an award for services to luxury. I also bumped into Sir Terence Conran - who is recovering from a recent illness.

On the other side of town was a Visit London awards ceremony where The Milestone and The Athenaeum were in the running for best hotel in London. Neither won .. but The A came third. I can't even bring myself to say which hotel won and which came second BUT I was totally amazed by the results. I am no hotel expert BUT even I know that service in a hotel is king and the service offered by The Athenaeum and The Milestone is among the best in this City and streets ahead of the competition ... Awards eh? Pah!

Tomorrow is Chicago editing ... can't wait!

Song of the Day: Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SP60n9v2YM

Weather: Strange ...

the connaught - moon & river
oxford street - the xmas lights
champagne on ice ... in my suite ... still there ...
nice LARGE suite bedroom
lovely bathroom ...
lounge ... with comfy sofas ...
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv