Sunday 15 November 2009

As I start to write today's entry, it's begun to rain. Today has been quite bright until now ...

Sunday is the day I get to catch up with all the newspapers I haven't had time to properly read. Earlier this week I did see the story of a hungry shark taking a bite out of another shark at Kelly Tarlton's Antarctic Encounter and Underwater World in Auckland (where I went for a dive just weeks ago) and today I heard some sad news from South Africa.

Earlier this season, I got fly in a Buccaneer jet at Thunder City in Cape Town - the largest "private air force" in the world. Part of its fleet was four Lightnings. One of these crashed during an airshow in South Africa killing the pilot - Dave Stock.

I have flown twice from Thunder City and safety is always the number 1 priority. Our condolences go out to the family & friends of Dave Stock ... and Thunder City.
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv