Thursday 30 August 2007

Day 74 - Felix – the home of the greatest cocktail



Had a spring in my chew as I chomped through the BEST toast in the world in the Lobby for breakfast ... I slept like a tranquilised hippo last night!

Am on the 22nd floor of The Peninsula … on Kowloon and have views from 3 sides of Central, the Harbour and Kowloon … with a telescope, everything looks so detailed! Heehee!

0800 – film exteriors in BRIGHT sunlight!


0900 – drive around in one of the 14 Rolls-Royce long-wheelbase limos that the hotel has … not bad … not bad at all …

1000 – The Peninsula was opened on December 11th 1928 … then a Tower was added in 1994 – now 300 rooms and 54 suites … I have one of them.

1030 – afternoon “tea” … the BEST cucumber sandwiches IN THE WORLD!


1100 – part of my “family” in HK – Lamey is here to look after us. She takes me shopping in two of the 80 luxury shops in the hotel … one is Davidoff for some cigars … the other … I won’t say which … it’s a SURPRISE!!!

1200 – lunch – yum

1400 – general room/suite shots before wandering up to The Clipper Lounge for a wee helicopter trip around Hong Kong. Erm – totally brilliant! Understated … well, still smiling about it!

1600 – head up to 28th floor to my favourite bar in HK – Felix – for a special cocktail .. I am not giving the name or the recipe BUT it’s my drink of the year! Mine, mine, MINE!!!!
Cocktails at mine tonight!!

(Thank you Lamey, Rita, Stella and Priscilla …)

Song of the Day: Hey Little Girl (icehouse)

Weather: Helicop-tastic

Weight: Slimmer

No comments:

 
blogger template powered by fraktiv