Thursday 23 August 2007

Day 67 – Back on Track!

The sun shines on those who wait! After holding my breath ALL night (while watching St Elmo’s Fire, followed by The Breakfast Club & Sixteen Candles) dawn finally broke with the sun shining through! Is it Christmas? No – just a good day in Hong Kong.
The crew slept … !

We bade a sad farewell to the folks at The Plateau. We were sent on our way with waves, cuddles and chocolate! We left in style – an original London Black Cab … can you see what is so special about? Yes – it has a front passenger seat! I couldn’t pass up the chance …


A Black Cab with Lurking General Manager

1200: We are arrived at our hotel for the day – JIA. Opened in 2004, it’s the first boutique hotel in HK and the first Starcke-designed hotel in Asia. It’s very trendy … Bob/Tom x4/Al was VERY impressed. There are only 54 rooms + suites spread out over 25 floors! Small but huge!
Everything is “designed” … very groovy … not really me… BUT the service IS excellent – mainly down to the GM – Helen Lee, ex-Four Seasons and her positive attitude …

Filmed & filmed & filmed. Also met with Dane Clouston head chef at Opia – one of the top restaurants in town. I hope I get to cook with him … top fellow. Had my first cigar (Trinidad) and another malt in the bar …

1700: went “home”… The Mandarin Oriental … my first stay since a multi-million dollar refurb .. more on that tomorrow. I am in the Lord Lichfield Suite – it’s VERY, VERY, VERY cool and very comfortable indeed … with roll-top free standing bath, all glass shower, huge bed, a projection screen (!) and more Aqua di Palma then I have EVER seen! I slept in heaven last night and I am back there again tonight! Whoo-hoo!


Two of the Three Little Piggies

My dear friend Shevaun (a Pimlico girl) is PR here so I am actually home in nearly every sense … the next few days will be fun … I feel it …

Song of the Day: Cosmic Girl – Jamiroquai

Weather: its getting’ better

Weight: I’m getting’ thinner

No comments:

 
blogger template powered by fraktiv