Saturday 25 August 2007

Day 69 – “no fanny … no access”

First, an apology to Gaew – the masseuse who made my week! Due to a “lost in translation” moment, I thought she was from the Philippines who lived in Phuket before coming to HK … BUT she is born & bred Thai – from Phuket. Sorry Gaew …

0700 – stumble out into the street and catch a cab with Mandy and make our way to The Landmark – the “other” ultra-luxury Mandarin Oriental property. While “my” Mandy has over 500 rooms, the Landmark has 113 rooms. It’s the most expensive hotel in HK … and even more amazingly, it does NOT have views of the harbour!

Filmed the MO Bar and then the STUNNING spa! Sadly, I still have cupping marks on my back. They look like the Olympic rings … hmmm….

Next the Amber Bar and the tablet PC wine list – fabulous – interview with the sommelier – Sebastian --- we went through one of my fave Pinots – Mud House – before 11 am! Haha!


Josephine, the lovely PR took us up to one of the suites and I can understand why they are SO expensive – just gorgeous!

A great hotel – in the top 3 top “boutique” hotels in the world methinx …

1600 – In the Mandy Spa – 2 hours of heaven with Irene – felt like a new person!

1900 - Headed off to 123 Wellington Road – to Art Jamming. Basically a lovely lady called Betty set up this company that basically brings people together to paint! SO tonight, me – who failed in the art of stick men drawing – tried my hand at erm … something .. well, you judge for yourself! ANYWAY – I have the piece here with me, so some VERY unlucky person in HK is going to get it!!!!!


Before


After

Leaving my home tomorrow and I am off to the Four Seasons ….!! :)

Song of the Day: Steal my sunshine - LEN

Weather: Varied

Weight: doing better than well…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheers Varun, that will make her feel a lot better. Book in for another one of her unforgetful massages before you leave.
You know you want to.

Regards,

A man with a happier Thai wife.

 
blogger template powered by fraktiv