Monday 7 December 2009

-- New series of Inside Luxury Travel starts airing on Travel Channel in Europe, Middle East & Africa on Tuesday 8th at 2100 hrs GMT (repeated on 9th at 1400 hrs) in 18 languages --

I travel a lot and meet a great many people. BUT what are the chances of meeting someone who comes from my home village (Banstead in Surrey) where I grew up? What are the chances of meeting someone whose brother attended both my schools? What are the chances of meeting this someone in a museum in Oman? Well - that happened today!

OK - so up at 0500 again and check-out from the lovely Shangri-La after breakfast. After a slight detour check into The Chedi ... in central Muscat by the beach. More on this hotel tomorrow.

Anyway, we then headed to the main marina and meet up with Humaid Al-Mujaini - who owns a dhow. We went on a fabulous sea trip - to look at some of Muscat from the Oman Sea (Gulf of Oman). It was a wonderful few hours in the sunshine ... no wind ...

Then we headed to the largest museum in Oman ... The Bait Al Zubair. Here I met Sarah White - The Arts Advisor & Manager ... from Banstead! SUCH A SMALL WORLD! It has made my day! Banstead is small, small ... my parents and Sarah's still live there!!

I am totally dead tonight - after smoking shisha with Yousef - so I am off to sleep. MUCH more tomorrow. It's "filming in hotel day" ...

Song of the Day: Dizzy - Wonderstuff & Vic Reeves
www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQgeMe3HaSI

Weather: erm ... HOT!

dhow
humaid
banstead girl
shisha
chedi pool
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv