Thursday 10 December 2009

Greetings from the Banyan Tree in Bangkok, Thailand!

The flight over from Muscat was painless. I slept the whole way - waking only to find that I had travelled a few thousand kilometres in an easterly direction.

Suvarnabhumi Airport (Bangkok) is awesome. Clean, cool ... and efficient! I was picked up by "One" (everyone here has nicknames) and was out of the Terminal in 20 minutes. Very Un-Asian! Our guide for the whole week will be a lady called O-O (Oh-Oh)and she zoomed me to my hotel in the city within 40 minutes.

Everyone in this city is SO polite! I went for a quick shop and when I got lost, I was led to my destination by a chap not looking for a tip. Lovely.

Everything seems to be "on sale" here. I didn't go crazy but so easily could have.

I think I am going to like this return visit to Thailand.

The boys fly in this evening and we film the hotel tomorrow. I am off to the Spa now ... (!)

Song of the Day: Sorrento Moon - Tina Arena
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwq346x1kKE

Weather: Hot & dry ... yay!


philippe from claridges in london tries a new way of getting around paris!
"one"
airport greeting!

hotel view
first of many temples
gambolling thai pups
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv