Thursday 3 July 2014

Varun's Diary (Thursday):

“I would not wish any companion in the world but you.” ― William Shakespeare, The Tempest

Greetings from Cornwall (South West England)!

I have booked into a small B&B close to Land's End in the village of Sennen where I have been eating fresh fish, sitting on fine, white sand beaches, slurping soft ice-cream (with chocolate Flake, of course) and enjoying a mini-heatwave! From here if you travel West, you will hit the USA ... !

Last night I ticked off another "bucket list" item - I went to the Minack Theatre at Porthcurno to watch one of my favourite Shakespeare plays "The Tempest": travel, shipwrecks, love, lost love, happiness, um .... more love and incredible forgiveness ... all rolled into a wonderful & meaningful bundle of 16th century waffle.

The Minack is a bit like Uluwatu (Bali) - albeit Western outdoor entertainment (without the monkeys)! The weather was stunning, the theatre wonderful and okay the play was not ... um ... professional ... BUT who cares ... it was just lovely ... a truly memorable evening that I wish I could have shared with you all.

The theatre is built into the side of a cliff ... it's very dramatic. Waves crashing against the rocks ... sunsets .... It is one of the most amazing venues to watch a play ... or an opera. Later this Summer, Puccini's Tosca is being performed - see you there!

Minack is a MUST for any theatre lover.

Another really nice thing about Menak is that if you do get "bored" (and lets face it, even Shakespeare has its moments!) you can wander around while the play is still on ... get a cup of tea ... watch the birds dive-bombing into the Atlantic and the helicopters fly overhead. It's so ... easy!

The sun has been very hot here and my face is a wee burnt ... but happily so.

The hotel is quite basic (VERY basic) BUT clean and I am embracing it; all part of the positive work:home division in my new life which is quite enjoyable and quite different.

Today has been more of the same - sloth - thinking - music - reading and relaxing! A better English holiday I have never had!

Happy ....

“What's past is prologue.” ― William Shakespeare, The Tempest

Song of the Day: Say Something - James
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rv7rABbwvU






 
blogger template powered by fraktiv