Tuesday 16 September 2014

Varun's Diary - Tuesday 16th September

You can tell the honour of a city by the way it treats its animals. I am pleased to say that - along with Istanbul - Athens passes my test.

The hotel has a pooch - Glykas ("sweet one") who I spent a few minutes with this morning and The Acropolis Museum has Eleanor the kitten AND both are looked after by anyone and everyone. They are revered and are treated with dignity and kindness. Thank you Athens!

So - today was about thunderstorms AND the AMAZING Acropolis Museum. Built in 2008, it houses 40,000 artefacts from the Acropolis/Parthenon.

I am NOT a political man BUT the so-called "Elgin Marbles" MUST be returned and also the panels & Caryatids that were looted. They do not belong to the British Museum, they belong in the Acropolis Museum and to the people of Greece. So there. Shame on you British Museum.

Anyway, I interviewed this wonderful chap, Professor Pandermalis who was the driving force behind the Acropolis Museum. He certainly knows his stuff ...

Song of the Day: I'll Be Your Baby Tonight - UB40 & Robert Palmer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wuSj6sPHIQ








 
blogger template powered by fraktiv