Wednesday 20 June 2007

Day 3 - The Footballer and the Actress

We are off tomorrow morning. I am totally exhausted and both Tim and Tom have been working hard for the past couple of days, so we are looking forward to being on a plane for 3 hours, which will give us some valuable sleep time.

Saying that, last week I was in Portugal and the flight home was crazy. I spent the last 45 minutes -the descent- in excruciating pain as the pressure played havoc with my eustachian tubes. The Algarve is an odd place, on the one hand there are amazing golf courses and luxurious villas and on the other, villages that look like something out of the dark ages. The Portuguese are wonderfully warm people and this is very apparent in their service. I ostensibly went out to play golf, but unfortunately suffered from my usual golfing ailment - being rubbish. So I did a lot of sitting in the sun; lovely.

On the way out at Gatwick I was in a BA queue with a famous Hollywood actress. When I was young, she was a stunner and appeared in a couple of Brat-packs films. While I have sagged in old age, she has remained amazingly pert. A fan went up to her to ask for an autograph, she said: "no" and denied that it was actually her despite holding her passport with her name clearly on it! How disappointing, but on the way home John Terry was at Faro Airport with his buddies and he stopped to have his photo taken with anyone who asked - a true gent.

So today has been about crossing 't's'and dotting 'i's'

Helen has been bossing me around, which is quite necessary. She has two weeks of peace while we are away; I think the Bahamas is beckoning.


























Helen doesn't look that scary does she?


So much to do and so little time!

Weather: changeable

Song of the Day: Slow Burn (David Bowie)

No comments:

 
blogger template powered by fraktiv