Sunday 29 March 2009

There IS a God! And he/she rules the weather. Actually my name - Varun - is derived from the name Varuna who is the "God of Water" in Hinduism ... (basically I am a big drip! haha). Anyway - the Great Weatherman In The Sky answered all my prayers ... will explain more later.

Arose quite early feeling quite dreadful. Have had a tickly cough for a week now and air-conditioning does not help ... but everywhere in Singapore needs a/c as the climate is such ... i have never drunk so much hot water, lemon and honey in my life! grrrrr!

Breakfast - disaster.

The sun was shining ... and the sky was blue and the heat was of Victoria's Secrets 2009 Calendar proportions. We were driven in the hotel 1962 Rolls limo to Kepple Marina around 10 minutes away. We met up with Caroline Ko who runs a yacht charter company. We sailed to Sentosa and to the Two Sisters (islands) ... and enjoyed the gorgeous weather. It was brilliant! The boat - Sea Duction - is a 44 foot Catarmaran ... very easy on the eye and those who lack sea-legs (me). For around US$1500 you can enjoy a 4 hour cruise ... its wonderful. A fact I didn't know until today ... Malaysia is just 300 metres from Singapore and Indonesia just 3 miles ....

The boys then spent most of the afternoon filming Singapore ... all the little detailed stuff like the statues of its "founder" Sir Stamford Raffles ... the Flyer and the F1 areas ... the night race will take place in September ... I am VERY tempted to be here for that!

Around 4.30 p.m., there were HUGE claps of thunder then it started raining for 2 hours! And when I mean rain, I mean whoooooooosh - droplets the size of rocks and lightning that lit up the sky like a firework display awesome! This was BRILLIANT for us ... as we popped up to the Four Seasons to film a tennis segment on the ONLY indoor air conditioned courts in Singapore! It filmed FANTASTICALLY! From the rain to tennis --- this would not have worked in sunshine! After being beaten into a sweaty frenzy by the club pro, I headed up to the 20th floor of the hotel for a quick neck and head massage from Sumitra - one of the sweetest people you will ever meet. She is here for a few months from the Chiang Mai property in Thailand. She is small and shy BUT she has the power of 12 rampaging elephants. She removed the knots in my shoulders in just minutes and I feel relaxed now!

We had a spot of dinner in the hotel with the PR Adaline and (sports) Club director Eloise. It was a PERFECT evening!

Back here at Raffles an "angel" has pressed all my clothes, has laid on hot drinks,has left me a bottle of 12 year McCallan, has left on the radio with the best 80's music, tidied up my messy desk and left a bottle of soya milk in my fridge ... I will investigate this tomorrow! Fabulous!

Tomorrow will be extreme so it's a relatively early night for me ...

Songs of The Day: Don't Stop the Dance - Bryan Ferry and Wicked Game - Chris Isaak (two today as I have been spoilt for choice!)

Weather: Extreme


super boat

super powers

super smash

super sumitra



 
blogger template powered by fraktiv